Page 1 of 7
Delegate Assembly Conference
This memo contains all the information you’ll need to bring students to the 2016 SkillsUSA Minnesota Delegate Assembly Conference. We are excited about the positive feedback from last years conference, in Southern, MN at South Central College in North Mankato, MN. You will also see this conference being very streamlined and packed with information that is exciting for the student members all in a one-day format.
Please look for information on:
- Registration Form - “NEW Excel Format”
- Voting Delegates
- Code of Conduct Form
- State Officer Candidate Information- “NEW”
- Nomination and Election of State Officer Candidates
- Displaying Campaign Material
- “Meet the Candidates” Session
- WHERE? The Delegate Assembly of SkillsUSA Minnesota will be held on
Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at the John A. Votca Conference Center on
the campus of South Central College–North Mankato. 1920 Lee Boulevard,
North Mankato, MN 56001.
- PARKING? When arriving on campus at SCC-NM. Coming from US-169 or MN-22, exit to US-14. Follow 14 west into North Mankato. Exit onto Lookout Drive and go south (left), Turn left when you see the BLUE CONFERENCE CENTER SIGN on the left side of the street, turns left and proceed ahead. Bus and Car parking will be in the Blue or PURPLE Parking Lot. (Look for a Large SkillsUSA Banner by the Main Front Doors of the Conference Center enter thru Door #15.) See link to website for directions: http://roomscheduling.southcentral.edu/index.php/maps-a-directions.html
- WHY? The conference is an educational experience that allows our student members to elect a slate of State Officers for our current membership year and to provide leadership training and experiences for those in attendance.
- WHO? Chapter officers, voting delegates, and observers should attend and serve as a campaign committee for the officer candidates from your school. Each chapter must provide one advisor for every 10 students in attendance.
STUDENTS ATTENDING MUST BE PAID SkillsUSA MEMBERS
Please join SkillsUSA at http://www.skillsusa.org/join/ This is a liability issue - it cannot be overlooked. PLEASE send in membership BEFORE you attend this conference - for your sake as well as ours!
Send your Membership DUES to: SkillsUSA Inc. at 14001 SkillsUSA Way, Leesburg, VA 20176