2014 Summer Conference for ALL ADVISORS
Here it is!! Your chance to Relax, Rejuvenate and Reconnect and get away - bring the family if you’d like - and still get geared up for another SkillsUSA Minnesota school year. Hope you can arrange to join us for our annual conference retreat. By Popular demand we are heading up north for our 8th anniversary where we will be meeting at the BEST WESTERN PREMIER THE LODGE On Lake Detroit, 1200 East Shore Drive, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501. 218-847-VIEW (8439) or 800-761-VIEW (8439) the first week in August 4 6, 2014. (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday).
Reserve your spots by June 16th This is a chance to get together and share challenges as well as successes and receive "FREE" SkillsUSA items given away ONLY at this conference.
Our Best Practice Presenters will provide you information on (9) different Session this year!
- SkillsUSA Advisor's Training for NEW and Experienced Advisors
- YOUR EASY BUTTON - WHAT IF THERE WAS AN EASY BUTTON FOR LEADERSHIP?
- Do you know the RIGHT STEPS TO GET THE RIGHT JOBS FOR YOUR STUDENTS
- WHERE HERE - NOW WHAT? Hear from our EXPERTS Bring your wireless laptop or tablet with you!
- "NEW" CRC - Career Readiness Curriculum - debuting the new curriculum to ensure students are prepared for career success
- "NEW" Chapter Excellence Program - (cep) - debuting the new framework on how SkillsUSA Impacts the lives of America's future workforce through the development of personal, workplace and technical skills that are grounded in academics.
- UPDATES from our CTE representatives from MN Dept. of Ed. & MN State Colleges & Universities
- STEM, Skills, and Strategies for Integrating Excellence in the Classroom
- SkillsUSA: 50 Years of Champions at Work: Membership Kit Resources
I look forward to spending some time with you in the beautiful Detroit Lakes area at the beginning of August. It's a beautiful area with so many fun activities to checkout. The Lodge on Lake Detroit offers the latest of hotel style and amenities to be found in the Detroit Lakes, Minnesota area. Located on the shore of pristine Lake Detroit and easy to find on Highway 10, Detroit Lake's newest hotel resort is nestled in a lovely tree-filled setting guaranteed to enhance your stay. Check it all out at: http://www.thelodgeonlakedetroit.com
All 55 rooms and suites are lakefront and smoke free, most offering a private balcony. Discover dramatic décor; glass enclosed walk-in showers, upscale bedding, and flat panel LCD HDTV, free HSIA. Relax in our fireside lobby with bar and daily grand piano sunset serenades.
Registration fee for the workshop is $70.00 and should accompany the registration form. Please send form and payment to:
Jennifer Polz, Executive Director
P.O. Box 29286
Minneapolis, MN 55429
Fax your reservation form in at: 763-560-1936
DEADLINE: June 16th, 2014
This is an Informal Conference – dress is Casual for this conference. Wear SkillsUSA Logo attire if you have some!
Download the agenda here for you to review.
This Advisor's Summer Conference /Retreat is a chance to bring your family, as we build in time to site see and spend time together networking and sharing ideas to help each of us with our local chapters.
Luxury and Value at The Lodge on Lake Detroit
You get a lot for the price of a room at BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Lodge on Lake Detroit. Start your day with your free in-room coffee service. Then head down to our daily free breakfast bar where you can relax with your free local newspaper. Stay in shape anytime of year with our 24-hour hotel fitness center with top-of-the-line equipment. Keep up on your business (if you have to) with our business center, and free wireless high speed Internet access.
Detroit Lakes Hotel Lodging Features:
- Lakefront Views for ALL rooms and suites
- All rooms with private balcony or patio
- Free Hot Breakfast Buffet
- Free Wireless High-Speed Internet Access in Guestrooms & Public Areas
- Free Local & 800 Calls
- Free In-Room Coffee
- Microwave, Refrigerator in ALL rooms and Detroit Lakes Hotel Fitness & Business Centers
Enjoy Detroit Lakes Minnesota Attractions and Events
A great selection of restaurants and golf courses are just minutes from The Lodge on Lake Detroit. We are close to downtown Detroit Lakes and all the year-round Detroit Lakes-area seasonal things to do and events that folks come here to enjoy. Be sure to see our extensive Detroit Lakes recreation information on the website. Whatever your passion, you'll find it here under the northern sky. Located 200 miles from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Hope you and your family can join us for a relaxing retreat.
Package Rates: (Monday and Tuesday Night’s Lodging.)
Lodging with Breakfast each morning, Dinner Meal for both evenings (per person) and Activities Package For the THE LODGE on Lake Detroit:
LODGING: Nightly accommodations for Resort Rooms ONLY are either two queens or one king bed, 42” Flat Screen TV, beautiful lake view, mini fridge & microwave,
$164.00 per room/per night - (Price for room is up to 1- 4 people per room including children)
(Includes hotel tax, sales tax and Breakfast each morning for room guests)
MEALS: A nightly group SkillsUSA dinner for the entire family is available for $15.00 per adult person and for children $5.00 each. ONCE REGISTRATION is received - a Menu will be sent out in July to make your selections for both children and adults. Please note: All Lunch meals are on your own.
ACTIVITIES: Enjoy the beautiful 550 ft Lake front on Big Detroit Lake, 150 ft Private Sandy Beach, Private Dock, Boat Slips, Swim Area, Sandy Beach, Paddle Boats, Canoes
Marine and Dock Space is available on space, per night per slip. (10-?slip marina) You will be responsible for this personal Charge. Call ahead and reserve your spot.
June 16th, 2014 is the cutoff date for the room block.
Tentative Cost for SkillsUSA Summer Conference
Projected TOTAL for Conference =$428.00 ADD additional meal cost per family member for Monday and Tuesday dinners at $15.00 per person/ per night or for children add $5.00 per child/per night)
Tentative Cost of Summer workshop is below:
- $328.00 - TOTAL for Lodging for two nights @ $164.00 per night.
This does include your breakfast up to a family of four.
- $30.00 - 2 Nightly Group Dinners @ 15.00 per person/per night
- $70.00 - Registration Material for Advisor Attending
TOTAL COST: $428.00
Please fill out the Excel Conference Registration Form and send back to reserve your spot!
Final Agenda and Confirmation will come out the first week in July!
Download Tentative Agenda (.PDF) here