Page 1 of 5
SkillsUSA National Conference Information
Updated for 2013!
Thank you to all who assisted in making our 2013 SkillsUSA Minnesota Championship Conference a great success. Congratulations to all participants, especially our medallion winners who will move on to represent Minnesota at the Skills USA Championships in Kansas City, Missouri, June 24?28, 2013 (Monday? Friday)
Here's what we need for EVERY PERSON ATTENDING. Whether your a contestant, voting delegate, observer, advisor, state officer, spouse, whoever; THIS DOES INCLUDE ADVISORS!!
If you are attending NLSC you MUST complete the following: You have 2 weeks to turn this Paperwork around!
- $185.00 PER PERSON ATTENDING - Make check to SkillsUSA Minnesota.
- Duplicate and complete forms NLSC-MN & NLSC-1 for everyone attending.
(These 2 forms are what are DUE by April 22nd – in the State SkillsUSA Office to process)
- Make a copy for your school records before you send it in.
- Persons attending but not paying registration (i.e.. spouses, observers) will not receive trading pins, State T- shirt, etc. but are invited to join us for the orientation meeting, and Friday night rally.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE is Monday, April 22, 2013
Please send in all forms and payment to the State SkillsUSA Office!
The State Office must receive FULL Payment for
Conference Registration and Hotel - Prior to June 1st, 2013
NLSC Registration, Personal and Liability Release Form (NLSC Form 1)
COPY FRONT & BACK of enclosed form (back to back please) for each person attending.
NLSC Form 1 can be downloaded here.
- IF YOU CANNOT GET THIS FORM TYPED, PLEASE, make a copy of the form, fill out the
copy, have the attendee sign the original and send both pieces back to be completed!!
Or print very, very neatly, forms MUST be legible.
- Remind students that they should use a permanent address where they may be reached for the next three months for this form.
- If student is under 18, parent or guardian must check the box located on the bottom. Medical and Insurance information must be completed in the denoted section. Participants should carry a copy of their insurance card at all times during the conference.
- ALL persons attending, including Advisors must complete and sign this form. Make a copy of the completed form for each person to carry with them during conference. Forward original copies to the State SkillsUSA office.
- Make sure form is filled out completely. If no insurance is available, the form must be checked in the appropriate place. Incomplete forms WILL BE returned and people will not be officially registered until the form is complete.
- Please make sure attendees read and agree to information on the back of the form before signing.
- Please include date of birth on this document. If NO birth date is included this document will not be processed.
SkillsUSA Championships Technical Standards & Clothing Requirements
- Review the Skills USA Technical Standards carefully to make sure your contestant knows what's what and has the necessary equipment & supplies for successful competition. “NEW” 2013-2014 Technical Standards.
- Order appropriate clothing from http://www.skillsusastore.org NOW!
- PLEASE NOTE: CLOTHING REQUIREMENTS HAVE CHANGED FOR THIS YEAR. DO NOT ASSUME YOU KNOW WHAT TO ORDER WITHOUT CHECKING THE TECHNICAL STANDARDS BOOK!
- See Clothing Requirements for each contest in the 2013-2014 Technical Standards.
National Officer Candidate Information
If you have a student interested, please call my office ASAP