2012-2013 SkillsUSA Theme
The SkillsUSA competition theme for the 2012-2013 school year:
SkillsUSA: Champions at Work
Prepared with the SKILLS America needs
This is the theme for the Chapter Display, Prepared Speech and Promotional Bulletin Board Contests.
The topic to be addressed by contestants in these events as Chapter Display, Prepared Speech and Promotional Bulletin Board contests is how our slogan, SkillsUSA: Champions at Work, “Prepared with the SKILLS America needs” relates to our national program of work in the area of Professional Development.
Within this topic, contestants might illustrate or discuss any of the following:
- Based on research from employers, what skills do Americans need?
- How does SkillsUSA provide the skills needed?
- How does participation in SkillsUSA provide members an edge in the workforce?
- How does involvement in SkillsUSA provide a competitive edge to America in the global economy?
- By participating in SkillsUSA events, how will you be more marketable in the workforce?
- What do SkillsUSA members need to do to be prepared?
- What skills have you gained through SkillsUSA that will make you prepared to enter your chosen field?
- How does SkillsUSA continue to adapt to prepare students with these needed skills?
- What principals was America founded on, how are those still relevant today?
- Why do American citizens need to have a variety of skills?
- How do we establish an attitude of life-long learning of through the SkillsUSA programs?
- What is the American workforce projected to look like when you graduate, how does this impact your plans?